想成为一个NativeSpeaker?从这12条短语开始吧!

想成为一个Native Speaker?先学学这12条短语吧!Donkey work | 单调的工作【1】I am tired of doing the donkey work while my workmates

想成为一个Native Speaker?

先学学这12条短语吧!


Donkey work | 单调的工作


【1】I am tired of doing the donkey work while my workmates get all the fun and creative tasks.

同事们拿到的活儿都很有意思,但是劳资每天都做着单调枯燥的活儿。

【2】If you want a promotion, you have to do a lot of donkey work first.

如果想升职加薪当上总经理出任CEO赢取白富美走上人生巅峰……那你首先得做很多单调枯燥的事儿。


Play your cards right | 办事处理得当


【1】If you play your cards right, he might ask you to marry him!

如果你处理得当,他也许会让你嫁给他!

【2】John, if you play your cards right, you could become the new manager.

John,如果你办事得力,你有可能成为新任经理。


To go under the knife | 动手术


England's best footballer won't play at the World Cup. He's going under the knife and won't recover in time for the start of the tournament.

英格兰最牛的足球运动员将缺席这次世界杯。他需要动手术,在联赛开始前也无法及时康复。

To gamble on something | 下赌注

I took a gamble on employing John, but it's turned out that he's great for our team.

雇John是我的一次赌注,幸运的是我堵赢了,他非常适合我们团队。



The lion's share | 最大份额

【1】The lion's share of my budget is spent on mortgage payments.

我的大部分预算都花在了按揭款上。

【2】Although nowadays most women have jobs,they still find themselves doing the lion's share of the work when they get home.

尽管现在大多数女性都有工作,但她们依然发觉回家后大多数家务活还是自己做。


Just the ticket | 正合我意


【1】These boots are just the ticket for our walking holiday in the Alps.

去埃尔贝斯山徒步旅行,这靴子正合适。

【2】Jane said my low-fat cake was just the ticket for someone who's on a diet.

Jane说我的低脂蛋糕对于正在节食的人来说正合适。


A tough nut to crack | 棘手的问题/难处的人

【1】My new boss is a tough nut to crack. I never know if he's pleased with my work.

我的新老板是个很难相处的人。我永远也不知道他是否对我的工作满意。

【2】How can we increase sales during arecession? That's a tough nut to crack!

我们在经济不景气的时候如何提高销量?这是个棘手的问题!


On the right track | 在正确的道路上



【1】Our research shows we're on the right track. Our profits are healthy and our customers are happy.

我们的调研显示,我们的路走的是正确的。我们的收益状况良好,我们客户很满意。

【2】The team lost a few early games. But then the manager made some changes and now they're on the right track.

输了早期的几场比赛,但是后来经理做了一些整改,现在他们已经恢复状态了。


In the red | 欠钱,亏损


【1】Because the airline had to give everyone their money back after the delays, they now say they're operating in the red.

因为一旦航班延误,航空公司就不得不赔偿用户损失,所以航空公司现在都说自己已经在亏损运营了。

【2】I've paid off most of my credit card bills- but I'm still in the red.

我已经付清了大多数信用卡账单,但是现在在财政上还是赤字。

Turn to jelly | 胆怯/发颤



【1】When I saw how high up we were, I turned to jelly and I couldn't speak.

当我看见我们站的地方有多高,我整个人都吓尿了,一句话都说不出来。

【2】His legs turned to jelly after riding the ghost train at the funfair!

在游乐场坐完魔鬼列车后,他的腿一直发抖。

Busy bee | 大忙人


【1】I've been a really busy bee this morning. I've been to the shops, paid my bills, had a haircut and even been for a run.

我今天早上真是忙死了。去了商店,付了账单,剪了个头发,甚至还去跑了个步。

【2】Frank is a real busy bee. He's always doing about five projects at once! He needs to take it easy.

Frank是个大忙人。他总是同一时间做5件事。他需要稍微缓缓了。


Spill the beans | 泄漏秘密


You spent a whole hour in the boss's office. Is he going to give a pay rise? Come on, spill the beans!

你在老板办公室待了整整一小时。他准备你给你升职加薪了?说嘛,给我透露点信息!

在寒冷的冬日

精英在线来自哈佛、耶鲁、牛津、剑桥等

世界名校的中外教师团队

给家长、孩子们呈现了

一个温暖的节日

一个特别的圣诞节!

想知道都有哪些嗨翻内容?

长按二维码精彩内容即将呈现



马上获取免费试听课程

在微信回复:“姓名”+“联系电话”即可

我们会第一时间与您取得联系!

24小时免费电话:400-990-0221

官网:www.eliteonline.cn